Those interested in residential real estate in Napa will find many types and styles of homes for sale in Napa, as well as community events of interest and local amenities unique to the Napa area. Others may enjoy outdoor activities and family friendly atmosphere of Napa, .
If you are considering buying or selling property, planning to relocate, looking for Napa homes for sale, or looking for any other information about real estate in Napa, or the surrounding areas, you have come to the right place. This complete Napa valley real estate resource offers everything you will need; access to property listings with photographs and virtual tours, home valuation tools, and real estate articles to help guide you through the home buying or selling process. Find information about Napa communities , schools, real estate market conditions, recreation and much more!
Napa Valley, a world famous wine area, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in California. More than five million visitors come each year, often overcrowding the roadways on summer weekends. Peak times are the summer months and the harvest “crush” during September and October. Napa Valley is home to more than two hundred wineries. With wine as a focus, great dining naturally emerged to complement it. The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena supplies a steady stream of well-trained chefs, supplementing the already prestigious chefs drawn by Napa Valley’s reputation and locale.
How to get there
The nearest international airports are in San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and Sacramento. San Francisco is the largest airport of the group presented. Here, a traveler arriving at San Francisco Airport can easily rent a car or reserve a limo to take them to Napa Valley.The trip is about an hour and a half long over the Golden Gate Bridge to scenic Route 1.
From San Francisco:
- Highway 101 North over the Golden Gate Bridge, to Highway 37;
- Highway 37 East towards Vallejo/Napa, to Highway 121;
- Highway 121 North towards Napa to Highway 29 North.
Use Highway 29 or Silverado Trail to see the valley. They run north-south along the valley.
- Wine country bus or limousine tours are available from San Francisco or from Napa Valley towns.
- Napa can be reached by shuttle providers in San Francisco.
- Bike riding is a popular activity in the valley, and great way to see the scenery it has to offer. Napa Valley Bike Tours
There are also opportunities to cycle in the vineyards.Guided Bike Tours
- Walking is also enjoyed by the locals, in one of many parks, trails, and paths on expensive property. If you want to see the historical sites of Napa Valley, you alwas have the option of taking a guided walking tour. Walking Tours in Napa Valley
- Napa County Transportation Planning Agency (NCTPA), Phone: +1 707 259-8631, Bus transportation throughout the Valley and within towns. Locals and tourists lacking their own vehicle may also enjoy waiting hours at a time for a bus, which more often than not will include a stop and break for another bus. Visitors who plan to use the public transit system should factor in about half day for travel within the valley.
There are many other leisure activities in Napa Valley to complement fine dining and wine tours. If you are an early riser, you can take a hot air balloon ride. There is also horseback riding, boating, fishing, gliding, golfing, bicycling and spa treatments.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train in Napa.
- Bathe in the hot springs and/or have a mud bath in Calistoga.
- Bonaventura Balloon Company, Phone 1-800-FLY-NAPA. Balloon flights from wherever the wind is best in the north valley.
- Golf , There are 10 golf courses located at towns throughout the valley. Silverado Country Club is one of the premiere
Wine Tours and tasting are the main reason why people go to Napa Valley. To see how their favorite wine is made from stem to bottle is often the pasion the drives people to Napa. People may go to Napa valley to taste wines before they invest in them.
The thing about wine, of course, is that it has a synergy with food; they enhance each other. Accordingly, food is elevated here. There are many excellent chefs in this area and many great dining facilities. One most famous place that must be mentioned is ‘French Laundry’ in Yountville. It is very famous, very expensive and very hard to get a reservation. Reservations open two months in advance and you must be right on top of it. Try if you must, but there are many other delicious options.
The Valley and its wines beg to be brought on a picnic. It might just be the best way to have lunch. Some wineries cater to picnickers, notably V. Sattui which has a nice picnic area and even a deli, but others don’t want picnickers tying up their limited parking. Some encourage picnics, but only by reservation. One establishment built on Napa Valley picnicking is Oakville Grocery in Oakville, famous for its deli and picnic supplies.
If you want to picnic or even tailgate you can stop at the Oakville Grocer. Its located at 7856 Saint Helena Highway, Oakville California (707)-944-8802. There are necessary pantry items such as cheese, crackers and specialty pates. It is open daily but hours vary. Call ahead for specialty sandwiches, picnic baskets or box lunches.
If it is an excellent lunch that you are looking for, you might want to conbine your tour at Domaine Chandon with a lunch at Etoile at Domaine Chandon. Its open for lunch on Thursday through Monday and it has recieved the best of awards for excellence in 2010.
Bouchon feels like an authentic, upscale French bistro. Some of its specialties are pan-roasted trout, classic French onion soup and duck foie gras. Reservations are neccessary. It is open daily for lunch and dinner. Entrees are 16 to 40 dollars and there is always a great list of specials.
Most wineries offer tastings and/or tours of their products. The form this takes varies greatly. The largest, most well known wineries such as Mondavi and Beringer are open daily with large hosting facilities, guided tours of the operation and reserve rooms for tasting select, more expensive wines. The many smaller wineries may offer tastings only by appointment, but your tour or tasting may be conducted by the owner. Most vineyards charge a small fee for the tastings, especially at the more popular vineyards, perhaps $5-$10. Winery tours are generally very interesting and informative. Reserve room tastings provide an opportunity to sample expensive wines without having to spend a larger amount for a bottle. Sometimes the tasting fee can be applied to the cost of a bottle purchased.
Popular Large Wineries
- Beringer Vineyards in St. Helena
- Grgich Hills Cellar, in Rutherford
- Robert Mondavi Winery in Oakville
- V. Sattui Winery in St. Helena
- Sterling Vineyards in Calistoga
- The Hess Collection Winery in Napa
- Castello di Amorosa in Calistoga
To see all listings in Napa, bookmark this page (listings are updated every couple of hours)
Search Homes For Sale In Napa By Price Range
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $100,000 - $300,000
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $300-000 - $500,000
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $500,000 – $700,000
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $700,000 – $1,000,000
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $1,000,000 -$3,000,000
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $3,000,000 -$5,000,000
- Search Napa Homes for Sale between $5,000,000 -
See all Real Estate in city of Napa.
(all data current as of 4/23/2014)
$1,260,000 : 5270 Dry Creek Rd, Napa2 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Susan Archer, Archer Real Estate Group
$1,095,000 : 1150 Green Valley Rd, Napa1 bed, 2 full bathsListing provided by Brendan Lesti, Windermere Napa Valley Properties
$539,000 : 1418 Meek Ave, Napa2 beds, 1 full bathListing provided by John Bruce, Coldwell Banker B of V-Napa
$1,095,000 : 245 Kaanapali Dr, Napa4 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Lynn Moore, Pacific Union International
$559,000 : MLS # 21408693 in Napa3 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListing provided by Gary Rose, Heritage Sothebys International Realty
$409,000 : 1109 Holmes Ave, Napa3 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Donovan Schemke, RE/MAX Gold of Fairfield
$549,000 : 34 Fairways Dr, Napa2 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Ira Dressler, Coldwell Banker B of V-Napa
$685,000 : MLS # 21408509 in Napa3 beds, 3 full bathsListing provided by Heli Sairanen, Coldwell Banker B of V-Napa
$669,000 : MLS # 21408507 in Napa3 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Heli Sairanen, Coldwell Banker B of V-Napa
$795,000 : 159 Bonnie Brook Dr, Napa2 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Marcia Hadeler, Coldwell Banker B of V-Napa
$725,000 : MLS # 21408627 in Napa3 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Wayne Davidson, Davidson & Bennett Realtors
$289,950 : 1091 Rimrock Dr, Napa3 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by CeCe Short, California Outdoor Properties/Spanish Flat Village Center at Lake Berryessa
$899,000 : 1007 Oak St, Napa4 beds, 3 full bathsListing provided by Joe Brasil, Coldwell Banker B of V-Napa
$579,000 : 3514 Meadowbrook Dr, Napa3 beds, 2 full bathsListing provided by Henneke Peterson, Century 21 Alpha Realty
$499,000 : 2661 Yajome St, Napa2 beds, 1 full bathListing provided by Ellen Politz, Terra Firma Global Partners
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Real Estate Market Stats
Zillow Home Value Index
Owners vs. Renters
Home Size in Square Feet
|Zillow Home Value Index||$453,300||$169,800|
|Median Single Family Home Value||$476,200||$169,400|
|Median Condo Value||$333,200||$174,600|
|Median 2-Bedroom Home Value||$373,700||$129,900|
|Median 3-Bedroom Home Value||$440,100||$163,000|
|Median 4-Bedroom Home Value||$590,200||$272,900|
|Percent Homes Decreasing||6.3%||22.7%|
|Percent Listing Price Reduction||27%||28.6%|
|Median List Price Per Sq Ft||$307||$109|
|Median List Price||$585,000||$200,000|
|Median Sale Price||$454,500||$196,800|
|Homes For Sale||0||0|
|Homes Recently Sold||0||0|
|Turnover (Sold Within Last Yr.)||4.4%||4.1%|
|Median Value Per Sq Ft||$337||$115|
|Homes For Sale By Owner||0||0|